As the news says, today my partners and I over at Spinback are pleased to announce that we’ve been acquired by Buddy Media, the Facebook management system of choice for eight out of the ten top global advertisers.
When we started Spinback the goal was to build the most cutting edge technology that would facilitate conversations and sharing of products. More importantly, we wanted this technology to also track how word of mouth marketing affects new sales and new customer acquisition.
Now as a part of Buddy Media, we will have all the tools and infrastructure necessary to accelerate our collective mission which is ultimately about leveraging this new social web in new and interesting ways for leading companies around the world.
We are really excited to begin the next chapter and I’ll leave the rest of the details to Buddy Media.
UPDATE – Here are a few press releases:
- WCBS 880 AM radio – New York
- Mashable – Buddy Media Spinback Acquisition
- All Things Digital – Facebook Pal Buddy Media Buys A Startup. Isn’t Selling to Facebook.
- Buddy Media’s New Spinback Section of the Site
- Buddy Media Blog Post
- AdAge – Buddy Media Acquires Spinback. Plans to Measure Sales Impact
- PaidContent.org – Facebook Marketer Buddy Media Acquires Social Analytics Provider Spinback
- Media Post – Buddy Media Buys Social Analytics Startup
- Digital Journal – Buddy Media Acquires Spinback, Adding Social Commerce Offering to its Leading Facebook Management Platform
- ClickZ – Buddy Media Hopes Spinback Buy Boosts Social ROI Tracking
- Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel – UW-Madison grads sell e-commerce analytics company
- UW News – UW-Madison alumni sell ecommerce analytics company
- Wisconsin State Journal – Tech and Biotech: UW grads spin success
2 thoughts on “My Company Spinback Is Being Acquired”
Well deserved congratulations, Mr. Reich. Certainly no surprises about your success. I look forward to the ‘next one’.
Thanks Chris! Much appreciated.