Motivational Hip-Hop Quotes
I grew up listening to Hip-Hop and still love it to this day. The beat, the tempos, the lyrics – those are the things that make Hip-Hop great. But there are many songs that stick out above the others. There are those songs that always make me turn up the volume and compel me hit pause at certain parts, so I can rewind, and listen to a specific string of lyrics. Sometimes I do this over and over again. These are lyrics that have stayed with me and they are words I think about in business, in relationships, and in life.
These are just a few:
- “Turnin’ nothin’ into somethin’ is God work, and you get nothin’ without struggle and hard work” – Nas, Doo Rags – The Lost Tapes
- “I never ask for nothin’ I don’t demand of myself. Honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth” – Jay Z, Justify My Thug – Black Album
- “Now I’m on the rise, doin’ business with my guys. Visions realize, music [your craft] affected lives. A gift from the skies, to be recognized, I’m keeping my eye on the people, that’s the prize” – Common, The People – Finding Forever
- “Speak what I want, I don’t care what y’all feel. ‘Cause I’m my own master, my Pop told me be your own boss. Keep integrity at every cost,” – Nas, Bridging the Gap – Street’s Disciple Disk 2
- “Every interview I’m representing you making you proud. Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.” – Kanye West, Homecoming – Graduation
- “Far from a Harvard student, just had the balls to do it” – Jay-Z, What More Can I Say – The Black Album
- “Whats up with your motto? Will you lead? Will you follow?” – Nas, My Generation – Distant Relatives
- “The victory’s found in truth, like innocence found in youth Self defeat is your own dispute ” – Damian Marley, Strong Will Continue – Distant Relatives
- “Sometimes you gotta be an s.o.b., you wanna make a dream reality” – Mark Knopfler, Boom Like That – Shangri-La (not Hip Hop)
What others should I have on this list?